Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Well, the doctor confirmed that Brandon has allergies. Fun...I now get to put drops in his eyes for the next seven days.

If you're in our neighborhood in the morning or evening around 8 and hear bloodcurdling screams coming from our house, be assured that it is simply me pinning my child down, pulling his eyes open enough to deposit that single drop of medicine in just the right place for it to slip into his irritated eyes!!! It's absolutely amazing how tightly shut a one year old can squeeze his eyes!!!

Oh, the joys of motherhood!!! You get to torture your children for the sake of their well-being. *sigh* One dose down, 13 to go!!!!

And he also got his little finger pricked and THREE shots! I'm incredibly grateful for modern medicine, but whose idea was it to pin down squirming, screaming toddlers to administer the drugs??? Poor Ryan about had a heart attack listening to Brandon's cries. I'm thinking having Daddy along for that next checkup is a must for him to make it through SHOTS(now a very SCARY word in our household after today!)

OK, I'm off to comfort and cuddle my baby--probably will be doing that for the next few days as the effects of those shots kick in. I just love the AMA right now....

:)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I understand the cries. Caleb hates it when I have to give him reflux medicine. He puts everything else in his mouth, but he knows to clenched those gums as tight as he can when I come with the syringe. Hope things are going well.

sarahdodson said...

Hope your little guy feels better soon:(

I HATE SHOTS FOR MY CHILDREN. Let's think of a new, fun, painfree way to do it. If you do, let me know. ;)