Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Another Update(email excerpt)

Thank you for your continued prayers and support during this trying time.

Please keep praying for the baby and me. The doctor has me under more restrictions which include not lifting anything heavy. Since this meant not being able to pick up Brandon at all, we made the decision last night to begin staying with my parents. This move has been planned, but our time table was drastically moved up yesterday! We still have our house to pack up, but again, I'm under orders to rest as much as possible. We appreciate your prayers for us over the next few days as we try to work out all the details of getting the house packed up and everything moved into storage.

Also, I would like to ask you to pray specifically that I would begin to feel the baby move. It's something that hasn't happened consistently yet, but would do so much to help me be more relaxed in the midst of not knowing what's going to happen from one day to the next with this pregnancy. We have talked about going back to the doctor to check on the baby if I don't begin to feel movement by this weekend.

Again, Steven and I are so thankful for all the love and support that's been shown our family during this time!

May the Lord bless each of you!
Steven and Rebekah Walker

Tuesday, February 17, 2009


Again, I'll just share this email rather than write a new update.

Hello again, everyone.

It seems the Lord has seen fit to give us an answer much sooner than we expected!

My doctor called me again Thursday evening to let me know that the lab re-screened my blood and got a clear result. He is certain that the first set was a false positive. To be completely safe, they will re-screen again when I have my next set of lab work done in a few weeks, but for now, the concern is past.

However, Saturday morning, I began to have a small amount of bleeding. After doing a sonogram to check on things, the doctor said that the baby is safe and healthy, but that I have what is termed a placenta previa. That simply means that the placenta is attached very low in the uterus. There is no immediate risk as long as I don't have any extended or heavier bleeding. The expectation is that it will move on its own as the baby grows and the uterus expands. If it does not change position, then we will have to do a c-section for delivery to safeguard against hemorrhage.

In about four weeks, I will have another sonogram to determine if things have changed. We will discuss then if any further treatment is necessary.

Steven and I are very thankful for all the prayers and concern that so many of you have shown toward us. We are grateful to have so many wonderful friends and family members who share these burdens with us.

God bless,
Steven and Rebekah Walker

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Prayer Request!!!!

I thought I would share this email I sent out today to my family and friends instead of trying to type up a seperate update for the blog.

Hello everyone,

We wanted to send out this information and ask that you remember us in prayer over the next few weeks.

As most of you know, I am 15 weeks pregnant. Yesterday, my doctor let me know that my initial blood tests/screening revealed that there maybe a problem.

There is some sign that I have an antibody in my blood. This usually occurs when someone has a blood transfusion, though I have never had one. The doctor made it clear that this may be a false positive, but to be on the safe side, I have to have more tests run. I will go back today to get the necessary lab work completed. If there is some kind of antibody in my blood, it is possible that it would harm the baby by passing through the placenta and attacking the baby's blood cells.

Right now, we really do not know what is going on. Because the screening was unclear, they will send off blood to a specialized lab to have it re-screened to determine what, if any, antibody is present. These results will take a couple of weeks.

We are trying to not get ahead of ourselves in all this and just wait to see what the next tests reveal. Please pray for us as we wait, that the Lord would give much grace and peace.

So far, we have been able to just look at the facts before us and not become overwhelmed with the possible outcomes. I'm praying that the Lord will continue to give that peace and continue to protect this child, whatever come in the next weeks.

I will send out another update as soon as we hear anything.

Thank you for your prayers on our behalf!!!