Monday, November 26, 2007

Wife and Mother--Called by God

Hello Ladies! Good morning to you all.

As I was perusing blogs today, I read this wonderful post by Crystal over at Biblical Womanhood. It was an encouragement to me to keep on in my ministry to my husband and my boys, for it is the calling placed upon me by my God. I hope you will check it out when you have a spare moment. Here's a few lines to get you started!

In answer to a question regarding seeking ministry opportunities outside of our homes, Crystal writes,


I love to reach out to others from our home as I'm able to in the little cracks of leftover time I have. This is one reason I blog and write during nap time, pray for missionaries or needy people while I'm washing dishes, or find a spare moment here and there to write an encouraging letter to someone going through a difficult time.

We're also constantly seeking ways we can minister as a family to others by having people into our home, visiting the elderly, or reaching out to our neighbors. I want to instill a servant's heart in my children by having them work alongside mommy and daddy to reach out to a lost and dying world or to hold up the arms of those who are weary in the Body of Christ....

At this point in my life, however, I don't feel like it would be right for me to regularly leave my children - even for a few hours each week - in order to reach out to others. My husband and children are my greatest outreach.

To read more, click here!

No comments: