Monday, October 04, 2010

Keeping the faith

Hymns for Kids 
Recently, my friend Jessica, gave me a copy of Hymns for Kids. We have so been enjoying it!  Ryan is constantly asking to sing hymns now and recognizing songs during church services, while Brandon is watching his brother and beginning to try to sing these songs of faith.  For me, it's so calming to have hymns playing throughout the day, especially on those days (seemingly more often, than not!) when things get hectic and chaotic all around me.  
Leaning On the Everlasting Arms
Amazing Grace
Holy, Holy, Holy
Come Thou Fount 
--The words to these, and others, are timely reminders to keep my heart and mind focused on Christ when in the middle of such "mundane" things as home schooling, washing dishes, changing diapers or cleaning up regularly occurring messes. I've learned, often the hard way, that when my eyes are not of the Lord as my All in All, as the only Giver of Grace, that I can only fall and stumble and fail my husband and my children.  My prayer today is that God would give me patience in this task of motherhood and grant me the grace to keep my faith pure before my family.

2 comments:

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

Fun stuff! We love the Praise baby dvd set! Joshua LOVES watching it and its a good collection of songs!
http://www.amazon.com/Praise-Baby-Collection-DVD-Gift/dp/B000ZLQJXQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1286219073&sr=1-7

Rebekah said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to put it on my Amazon Wish List! :-)