Monday, May 04, 2009

Strength For a Weary Mom

Girl Talk recently went through a series for moms of young children and moms of teenagers. I, of course, devoured the posts for moms with little ones. I wanted to point you in that direction if you are in this phase of life. I found their words to be both humbling and convicting, with lots of encouragement thrown into the mix!

Here's an excerpt from the last post by Kristin:

I want to close the week by reminding you of one of my favorite promises from God’s Word. Galatians 6:9 says: "Let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."

...May I encourage you to hold onto this verse as you seek to faithfully sow into the lives of your little ones? The harvest won't come today. And it won't come tomorrow. Maybe not even next year or the year after that.

But we must be faithful to sow today. Faithful to train. Faithful to teach. Faithful to discipline. Faithful to love. Or, as it says in this passage, faithful to "do good." And we must trust God that He will fulfill His promises, that we will reap a harvest in due season if we do not give up.

My expectations are not for today, or even tomorrow--but my hope is in God who has promised that, someday, my labors will bear fruit for Him. Even though my body is weary, my soul gains new strength from this promise.

I pray it strengthens you as well.

No comments: