Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Yummy Fall Recipe

This is a yummy, hearty soup that will feed a family! It can also be frozen in small portions for easy-to-fix dinners later!

Santa Fe Soup
(Thanks, Viv!)

2lbs. hamburger, browned and drained
2 pkgs. ranch dressing mix
2 pkgs. taco seasoning
2 cans of corn
1 can of chicken broth*
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans**
1 can black beans
Sour cream
Cheese
Corn chips

Mix all ingredients in large pot and heat through. You can also put this into a crock pot on low for several hours.

Serve topped with cheese, sour cream and corn chips.


*If you don't have canned chicken broth on hand, you can substitute 2 tsp. of chicken bouillon(2 sm. cubes) and 3 cps. water.
**I didn't have pinto beans on hand, so I used a can of Ranch Style beans. It worked fine!!

1 comment:

sarahdodson said...

This IS a good recipe, Rebekah! I made it for our church a few Sundays ago and they LOVED it. My mom forgot to tell me about the chicken broth- hmmm, no wonder I had to add water;)