Thursday, April 20, 2006

"Let us fix our eyes on Christ." Hebrews 12:2

Good morning, bloggers!
I thought I would share this with all of you. It is a daily devotion that I receive from Grace Gems. It was very fitting for me this morning, and I hope it will be a blessing to you all as well!



The secret of peace and power

(Gleanings from the Inner Life of Ruth Bryan)

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus." Hebrews 12:2

Do not be so often considering how much you love Jesus--but how much He loves you. Your love is but the effect; His is the cause. And the more you have to do with the cause, the more fully will the effect flow from it.

Just so with faith. If you would have it grow, it must be by looking at Jesus--not by looking at your faith. The more you "consider Him," and are continually coming unto Him--the more lively and healthy will be the graces of the Spirit in your soul. And you will rejoice--not in your fruitfulness--but only in Him and in what He has done and suffered.

If the Holy Spirit opens this to you, you will find the secret of peace and power.

It is all in Christ! He says, "Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, and come away!" Away from self, away from all besides--to be absorbed in Him!

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus." Hebrews 12:2

No comments: