Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Update

Again, I'll just share this email rather than write a new update.



Hello again, everyone.

It seems the Lord has seen fit to give us an answer much sooner than we expected!

My doctor called me again Thursday evening to let me know that the lab re-screened my blood and got a clear result. He is certain that the first set was a false positive. To be completely safe, they will re-screen again when I have my next set of lab work done in a few weeks, but for now, the concern is past.

However, Saturday morning, I began to have a small amount of bleeding. After doing a sonogram to check on things, the doctor said that the baby is safe and healthy, but that I have what is termed a placenta previa. That simply means that the placenta is attached very low in the uterus. There is no immediate risk as long as I don't have any extended or heavier bleeding. The expectation is that it will move on its own as the baby grows and the uterus expands. If it does not change position, then we will have to do a c-section for delivery to safeguard against hemorrhage.

In about four weeks, I will have another sonogram to determine if things have changed. We will discuss then if any further treatment is necessary.

Steven and I are very thankful for all the prayers and concern that so many of you have shown toward us. We are grateful to have so many wonderful friends and family members who share these burdens with us.

God bless,
Steven and Rebekah Walker

No comments: