Friday, March 17, 2006

Psalm 46 and other thots

I was reading yesterday in the Psalms. I made it to Psalm 46. I was amazed, as I always am, at how the LORD knows exactly what I need when I sit to read His word. What a comfort it is to know that He is our refuge, He will have, indeed, does have, the victory over all nations! What a promise that is when we consider missions, the spread of the gospel here at home and abroad. "Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen; I will be exalted in the earth."

On a different note....This month holds many memories and marks many special moments in my life, beside the sad, but precious memories of my daughter. The Lord saved me four years ago this month! How thankful I remain...every day, by His grace!...for His mercy towards me, for His condescending to look upon me and bring me out of my pit of miry clay! I was, and still am, so undeserving! I fail so often. I continue to allow sin in my life! YET, He remains always faithful, drawing me continuously back to Himself. My prayer is that I will learn more of Christ, that I will be conformed everyday to HIS image and not the image of the world, that I will become more and more the godly woman my heavenly Father wants me to become.

This month also marks my birthday! Wow! I can't believe I'm going to be 25! It seems like such a milestone! I'm looking forward to spending some special time with my husband! (Thank you, Aunt Mary for keeping Ryan for us! You're making this time possible!)

Well, I have a full day ahead of me. May the Lord bless!
Rebekah

No comments: