Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My Testimony

I realized recently that I have never shared my personal testimony or anything really personal about my life. Here is a short version of my salvation and the events leading up to God's true work in my life.

I will try to write more on a personal level when I post in the future. There are always so many thoughts in my mind that I could put together as a post, but finding the time and the quiet to put it all together...that's another story! I'm hoping though that as things fall into a routine again for me that I will be able to write more often, with more meaningful posts.

I hope you enjoy reading about what the Lord did in my life over four years ago. Maybe I'll get the chance to write in more detail about it later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I grew up in church, in a Christian family with a father who was a pastor. I’ve been taught the doctrines of grace for as long as I can remember.

When I was 13, I made a profession of faith. For a long time, I really thought I was saved, but by the time I was 17, almost 18, I realized that I wasn’t a true Christian. Many people ask me why wasn’t I saved at 13, and the only thing I can say is that I was trying to be and act as everyone expected me to act. Though I truly believed that I was saved, I think I “made a profession” to be what I thought was expected of me.

Shortly before graduating from high school, Steven and I started seeing each other. He proposed the following February, and we planned a June wedding! I was sure that marriage and the hope of children would keep me happy, but the Lord had other plans for me!

Our marriage was wonderful, but my lost condition only made me more and more unhappy, no matter how wonderful a life I was leading. In June 2001, almost a year after we were married, I went through my first miscarriage. Two months later, I was pregnant again, but lost that baby in October.

Between these two miscarriages, we bought the house here in Coleman, and as a result, Steven was let go from his job. Though the Lord did provide a temporary job for him, we moved in with his parents because he could not find a job here in Coleman. We had to put moving on hold.

The Lord used the stress of the miscarriages and our having to live with Steven’s parents to bring me to the end of myself. I finally came to the place that no matter what anyone thought, I had to get right with God.

One night driving home alone, the Lord brought I John 1: 9 to my mind. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” I realized that there wasn’t anything that I could do to “be better” outside of the Lord Jesus Christ. I cried out to the Lord right there, asking for His mercy and deliverance from my sinful state. I praise the Lord for hearing me and fulfilling that promise in my life that night!

I have not always been faithful to my Lord, but I am so thankful that He is always faithful to me and brings me back, forgiving me over and over, no matter what I do or say to offend Him. I can attest to the fact that no matter how I fail or what trials come into my life, Jesus Christ is with me and within me, helping me and keeping me day by day. I praise Him for His unfailing love that surrounds me, holds me and preserves me!

1 comment:

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

Isnt HE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!

Praise him thru the storms and he will bless you beyond measure.

love ya,
Lots of hugs!